Tercentenary Celebrations: Royal Albert Hall and Battersea Evolution. London – 31st October 2017
10th November 2016
Dear Sir and Brother
Royal Albert Hall and Battersea Evolution.
London – 31st October 2017
As you know the United Grand Lodge of England Tercentenary celebrations culminate on the 31st October 2017 with a Masonic celebration at the Royal Albert Hall to be attended by some 5000 Brethren from around the world in full regalia. The event will be followed by a Festive Board with circa 2500 dining at the Battersea Evolution (the entertainment venue on the site of the old Battersea Power Station for those that may know it). As a District, we have been allocated 31 tickets to the Royal Albert Hall and 11 for the Battersea Evolution event. Both are restricted to Brethren who are members of the English Constitution. Please also note that the invitation to either does not extend to wives or partners, given the ‘limited number’ of spaces. Cost of the Festive Board is £135 per head.
For those wishing to attend – please read below:
- Unless you have already given your details to me and have had confirmation from me that such details have been recorded, you should contact the District Administration team of Fern Rowles and David Pickard to record your wish to attend, who will collect the following details from you:
- Your full name.
- Your phone number.
- Your email address.
- Your Lodge.
- Your rank at the time of application.
- If you wish to attend both the Royal Albert Hall and the Festive Board or just the Royal Albert Hall.
- If dining, the Rand equivalent dining fee should be paid locally to District who will then make a single payment to UGLE. More details in this regard will be provided nearer the time.
- Entry to each event will be by a personal (named) ticket. Therefore, it is imperative that once you give your commitment, you do your utmost to attend. There will be no refunds once payment has been made to UGLE by District.
- We understand that there may be emergencies which may preclude you from travelling or attending on the day. If you cannot attend having provided your details to District, please advise us as soon as possible. This event will be hugely oversubscribed and it is only fair that we send back at the earliest opportunity any allocated tickets to this District that are no longer required.
- If for any reason you cannot attend and you have a Brother (of the English Constitution) who can take your allotted place, please advise District as soon as possible who will forward the change to London in order that your personalised ticket can be amended.
- We are required to provide our final list of attendees by the end of January. We will then return the balance of our allocation. Once returned, we cannot get the seats / spaces back.
W.Bro Graeme Mackenzie PJGD ADGM.